Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 07:29:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Just wanted to know . . .
| | |-+  Tempus Fugit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tempus Fugit  (Read 1446 times)
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »

I've heard it said by many and noticed it myself as I suspect we all have that as we get older time seems to pass faster. This has never bothered me as it seems to discomfort most if not all the people I've talked to about it. In fact, I feel just the opposite; I want time to zip by even faster and getting older is wonderful to me partly because it does. It's not that I yearn for death, so I can return to the other dimension renewed and refreshed, but rather that I have for as long as I can remember thinking about it thought I will live a very long time. If I have my preference it will be at least a thousand years and one million would not be a problem.

I doubt any scientific studies have been done to help answer this question, so I invite opinions and speculation concerning it: Do you think that this phenomena (that time passes faster the older we get) is based within our biological organism (the brain, most likely)? Alternatively, what would be more interesting to me, is this a phenomena related to our eternal spiritual life?

Namasté, Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 04:26:38 AM »

I've heard it said by many and noticed it myself as I suspect we all have that as we get older time seems to pass faster...

I seem to have found an answer for this question. It is by Dr Eric Amidi who is a particle physicist turned spiritual adviser. His answer is here:

http://www.dr-eric-amidi.com/live-longer/

Namasté, Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »