Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 05:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Need to talk to someone?
| | |-+  Unknown Near Death Experience?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unknown Near Death Experience?  (Read 5161 times)
firefly
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:22:58 AM »

I had a very surprising thing happen to me.  I had a seizure for the first time.  I couldn't form an intelligent sentence.  They took my to the hospital by amubulance.  In route, I had a major seizure, lost consciousness and quit breathing. They then kept me unconscious for about three days.  They operated and removed a golf ball size tumor, a meningioma. It was benign and I am doing fine .  I feel differently though.  I talked to my favorite doctor and he remarked that I seemed different, happier.  He knew of the circumstances and stated that people who had near death experiences were more compassionate.  I stated that I didn't have a near death experience.  He replied that I had but I just wasn't aware of it.  Is that possible.  Has it happened to anyone else?
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »

He replied that I had but I just wasn't aware of it.  Is that possible.  Has it happened to anyone else?

Well something similar happened to me on 8-2-1984.  I had a stroke (an inner cranial hematoma, a blood clot in my brain about the size of a small egg), which left me temporarily paralyzed on my left side.  I thought I was conscious throughout the entire experience, but I was later told by one of the people who observed me that I wasn't.  Still I have no memory like the ones people tell about concerning their NDEs.  I was happier after the stroke then I was before; I tremendously enjoyed my hospital stay.  One of the concepts I favored concerning what happened to me was that God was leveling my karma.  I did become more compassionate towards people, in particular, because I could relate now to someone with a severe disability.  Furthermore my desire to become a kind and loving human being has increased by many magnitudes since then although I can't say it is all due to the experiences relating to the stroke.

At the time of my hospital stay I had the notion that I would write a book about the experiences I had re the stroke.  Well, later more sober consideration led me to cancel that idea because I realized that my story would not be very interesting to the general pubic even though I was enraptured by it at the time.

I am still recovering from the limitations caused by the stroke; it's amazing—room for improvement is always available and I am constantly getting better.  I can observe it day by day.  Really incredible!  I love it and thank God frequently for ALL of the experiences God sends my way.  I feel I am truly blessed.

Love Always, namaste,

-- Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 07:12:37 PM »

I had a very surprising thing happen to me.  I had a seizure for the first time.  I couldn't form an intelligent sentence.  They took my to the hospital by amubulance.  In route, I had a major seizure, lost consciousness and quit breathing. They then kept me unconscious for about three days.  They operated and removed a golf ball size tumor, a meningioma. It was benign and I am doing fine .  I feel differently though.  I talked to my favorite doctor and he remarked that I seemed different, happier.  He knew of the circumstances and stated that people who had near death experiences were more compassionate.  I stated that I didn't have a near death experience.  He replied that I had but I just wasn't aware of it.  Is that possible.  Has it happened to anyone else?

Yes, it is possible to have a near death experience and not remember it. Many remember their experiences months, even years age their near deaths. Welcome to the board.

Love

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
firefly
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:11:04 AM »

Charles, your feelings seem very similar to mine.  I became interested in this when I looked at the characteristics of a near death experience and many of my emotions paralleled mine although I didn't see anything.  i think I only stopped breathing for a brief time.  Is that enough time to have a NDE?
Pappa_Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 03:57:44 AM »

I too got stabbed when I was younger, I had to go into hospital to have an operation on my stomach, I didn't know at the time if I was going to die or not. Although I do not remember anything from the time that they put me to sleep and the time that I awoke after the operation and am not aware that I ever stopped breathing at any time, I still felt quite different when I came around and much more grateful of life. I sometimes wonder if I went off anywhere during the op which I can't remember.

Funnily enough I also passed out whilst I was waiting for the ambulance to arrive and I thought that I could see angels above me - only to come around again and realise that it was in face paramedics that were standing over me - then again I guess that you could concider them to be angels too.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 04:05:38 AM by Pappa_Chimp » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »