Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 03:22:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Do animals have souls?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do animals have souls?  (Read 4207 times)
Bono

« on: January 13, 2008, 06:57:29 AM »

Dear friends,

do you believe that animals have souls just like humans do?

If so, should we stop eating meat and try to become vegetarians?
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 07:43:51 PM »

It's not like we have souls, we are souls or spirits, and yes animals are spirit also. Whether or not you want to become a vegetarian is up to you. I eat very little meat, but I think eggs, milk, cheese, and other products like these are fine. It is a choice.

Love

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
chet
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 07:50:12 AM »

I think anyone who has ever 'owned' an animal knows that they have a soul or spirit. They're so vey different from each other, just as we are. I recently saw a TV programme that showed cats being shoved into cages in China  - as if the cats were just meat. This happens to dogs as well in China. It's hard to watch.
firefly
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:12:43 AM »

I really hope my animals are their when I pass to the other side.  I miss many of them more than the humans who have passed.
chet
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 06:24:13 AM »

I think I know what you mean, firefly. There is one cat in particular whom I hope to meet again.

He was not even mine, he belonged to a neighbour, but he 'adopted' us, as cats tend to do! He stayed every day in our house, slept on our beds, ate with us, played games with my kids - he would NOT go back to their house. I tried to force him to leave, by not feeding him, leaving him out for hours in the driving rain, putting him on top of their fence and saying, 'GO HOME!' But he would just come back to us.

He was one hell of a guy   ;D . We often said he was more like a human in a cat body. Intelligent, warm and loving ... and forgiving! (My son used to do WWE wrestling moves on him like Stone Cold  - and that cat took all the indignity, and bumps, in his stride. What a creature...)

The day came when our neighbour was moving away and she came over and demanded her cat back, to take with her. I had to give him up! My heart broke - all our hearts broke. I picked him up and handed him over to her - and as she walked away from our door he bit her!   She yelped with the pain.  This most gentle and loving of animals actually bit her!

I wept buckets after this, I confess. I castigated myself that I should have refused to give him up, offered to buy him off her, etc. Yet technically she owned him and I felt I had to respect that fact.

A few months later I bumped into her and dared to ask her how the cat was. She went beetroot red. She said he had died - of some bladder problem. I was stunned.

Such a marvellous creature, to me, MUST have an eternal spirit. I've dreamt about him, as have my children. He was a real character, so if he isn't in 'Eternity' I don't know who will be!
Grace

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 01:33:21 PM »

Hi I am new to this forum but would like to give my take on Do animals have souls.
I strongly believe they do. For instance dogs will not only sit with you when you watch
TV but also when you are watching a sunset. A dog will watch as you do, the sky, the
trees, clouds and birds. Completely enjoying what they see and tilting their nose into the
air to take in each and every smell that comes to them. They don't miss anything, they live life
with the excitement of each new day they are granted. They are just one of Gods perfect creations,
we are another though some out there do not know what a great gift a pet can be.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »