Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 03:31:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  "The Life Beyond Death" by Yogi Ramacharaka
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Life Beyond Death" by Yogi Ramacharaka  (Read 4332 times)
chet
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:55:37 AM »

I read this book recently and found it very interesting. Wondered if anyone else knew of it? The author describes the various spiritual laws that govern life, the realms that souls experience after the death of the physical etc... and he seems to do so as someone who truly knows. I thought he was a Hindu sage from the way he writes (and author's name sounds like it!).

However, to my great disappointment, searches on the Internet indicate that apparently the author is an unknown quantity. His name is a pseudonym. He was apparently a "Westerner" NOT a Hindu sage. Not to say that as such he couldn't be enlightened! But somehow this secrecy/duplicity detracts from the supposed wisdom contained in this book.

Does anyone have any opinions on this book and author?

Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:20:41 AM »

I have not read the book, so can't comment. But I have read the "Seth" books by Jane Roberts that tell about the spiritual world and the afterlife. If you have a chance, they are a good read. There are some web sites also.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
chet
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 08:55:41 PM »

Thanks Sam, I hadn't heard of the books you mention. I'll be interested to read them.  :)
TRAVELLER

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 02:49:23 PM »

Sorry, I haven't read this book but having said that, naturally, I have an opinion. Many people outside of Hinduism have sought out Illumination and have acheived veriying degrees of success. Many believe they now understand our existence and are excited to share it.

Does that mean you should give it any creedence? I don't know but I can tell you I try to read and listen to all those who claim to have some insight into the world which we exist. I find that many have a small peice of the puzzle and have yet to find someone with all the answers but collectively the puzzle gets more complete.

I am fortunate, I get many answers through daily life and meditation. I do my absolute best to verify everything I learn and have found a small underground group with similar abilities.

One thing I can tell you is, everyone who is truly connected to the Kingdom of Heaven, knows the truth and knows we aren't alone in that knowledge.

Traveller
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 03:44:23 AM »

Hi Traveler

I am looking forward to your future posts.

Love
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »