Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 05:51:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Post Inspirational Material Here
| | |-+  pass on love and kindness
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pass on love and kindness  (Read 425 times)
Joost

« on: January 04, 2015, 02:59:19 AM »

The following story, which I find truly inspiring, happened to a young man when he was a student. It convinced him of the fact that everybody has the basic right to be loved and taken care of.

The young man was traveling through Portugal. He needed to go home, and as he didn't have any money he started hitchhiking. At some point he was picked up by a driver who drove him all the way from the spanish-french border to his home in the Netherlands, which is a journey of about eight hundred miles. And on their way this driver not only shared his food and drink with him, but also payed for his shelter for the night. The student was very impressed by this, and as they got home he said to the driver 'please let me pay you for this', allthough he knew he didn't have any money. But the driver said: 'you really don't have to pay me back. Just promise me that if one day you do have money and you're in my position, you'll do the same for somebody else.'

love, joost
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 08:43:08 PM »

Thanks for posting this great idea.
If everyone did that it would be a great world.

Love
Sam
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »