Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 03:27:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The question of belief
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The question of belief  (Read 969 times)
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:28:18 PM »

Jesus: “...before Abraham was, I am.”

Jesus knew from whence he came. Few of the rest of us do. All answers center around the question of belief. Something cannot be true for you unless you believe it could be true. Physical: Seeing is believing. Spiritual: Believing is seeing.

As spirit we (all of us) have always been. There is no time in the afterlife; everything happens all at once in the eternal moment of now.

Physicists know this is true of the "real" world. The equations of physics are symmetric with respect to time; they work as well going backwards in time as they do forwards in time. What creates the arrow of time in the universe is the increase of entropy, i.e., the decrease in usable energy tied to the increase of information. We can't put the genie back in the bottle.

The more we as individuals learn about such things, and other lessons we accrue in the physical, the less we need or desire to become creatures in the physical.

These and others are opinions I hold at my current level of understanding. No doubt they will change over time and I will become wiser.

"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 09:45:23 PM »

Great post. You got it all right.

Love
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »