Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 12:26:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Need to talk to someone?
| | |-+  I need your help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need your help  (Read 2448 times)
margos

« on: March 27, 2008, 10:18:50 PM »

I became friends with a man who had a NDE.  During our friendship he expressed his concerns and desires to me regarding money after a NDE.  My friend felt very strongly that there needs to be information available regarding how your emotions change after this experience and how it affects your relationship towards money and specifically guidance in how to deal with it.  What he told me was that much literature and guidance was offered to him while in the hospital but none of it had anything to do with money and how to deal with that after he got home.

In his particular situation, he did all the things he had always said he would do but hadn't gotten to yet because of time or money or both.  My friend, Steve, took his family on a trip he was always going to do.  He bought the ring for his wife he had always talked about.  He also bought a pickup, boat, and 4-wheeler in order to have the experiences he had always wanted with family members.  I have read that some people start giving away money to help others.  The reactions are as diverse as the people and experiences I'm sure, but the bottom line seems to be that no one is offering guidance in this arena.

While working with Steve regarding his finances everything was under control and getting better.   He then wanted to buy a different house and I was working with him on that possibility.  Unfortunately Steve had bought additional things between these two meetings and he had become convinced that he had ruined his family‚Äôs finances beyond repair.  Although I tried to reassure him that everything would be fine financially, he became more desperate and convinced he had caused damage that could not be repaired.  Steve believed the only way to fix the problem was if he was no longer here.  That could not have been further from the truth. 

I worked through this financial situation with Steve and his wife and itt appeared that everything had been repaired and moving along normally.  Unfortunately, neither his wife nor I saw that Steve was slowly putting all of his affairs in order. I did not see that what appeared to be agreement with me regarding everything will be fine was actually peace in his final decision. 

To conclude my story, I made a promise to my friend Steve.  My promise is that I would do all that I can to help people before they have to live through the financial devastation that he did in a time when a person should be celebrating the fact that they have more days to live rather than worrying about money.  At the time I made this promise I did not realize it would be the last time that I would ever speak to Steve.  Sadly, Steve took his own life in an attempt to fix the financial damage that he believed he had caused.  I have now made a promise to Steve's wife that I will fulfill Steve's last wish to offer guidance about money and the emotions towards it to people who have lived through a NDE. 

I have come across several stumbling blocks in trying to fulfill my promise to Steve and his wife.  I could use some help from people who have lived through a NDE either personally or as a close family member or friend.  If you are willing to help I would love to hear about your experiences in this area or what you have witnessed from people in their actions or reactions.  If you have any specific questions you think should be answered or topics you feel are most important to address that would help too.  Any insight you can give will greatly enhance my ability to fulfill my promise.  Currently I am setting up a website in order to get the ball rolling.  My attempts at going through hospitals have not worked out thus far and so any insight you have regarding distribution of information will also be helpful.

Every comment or thought you have is worth sharing because I am starting with nothing but Steve's last wish.  I am strictly setting up a not for profit foundation in honor of Steve in order to get this information to the people that need it. 

I thank you in advance for any help and guidance you offer.

Margo
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:24:43 PM by margos » Logged
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 03:04:04 AM »

Hi Margo

I have never heard of a near death experiencer taking his own life. Many would love to return to the spirit world but know that there is something for them to do, to finish the life they have. Neither have I heard of a NDEer spending money and causing financial difficulties for his family. I can not judge his experience or motives, but most experiencers think little of money after the experience and rarely buy anything extra beyond their needs. So I don't know what to say about the situation. I am not a money manager and care little for it beyond the basic necessities, suggest you seek someone in the financial field. If I can help more let me know.

Love
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »