Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 02:53:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Post Near Death Experiences Here
| | |-+  Dead is just a four letter word.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dead is just a four letter word.  (Read 6484 times)
starshine

« on: March 20, 2008, 02:43:48 AM »

I died. I know I did because I killed myself.

That was in 1984.

Read it, and the rest, at http://4herway.com/4letterword/

Then tell me what you think.

Starshine
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 12:25:14 PM »

That was in 1984.

Hi Starshine,

I enjoyed reading your book.  Thank you very much for providing it for us!

1984 was a year that also changed my life.  What happened then lead to the epiphany that came my way on 1/7/1985 when I "fell in love with God."  This event I believed at the time was when I came into a state of consciousness that some (in particular the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who brought Transcendental Meditation to the West via The Beatles and others) have called cosmic consciousness.  A book that was highly influential to me in this regard was:

Seven States of Consciousness: A Vision of Possibilities Suggested by the Teaching of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi by Anthony Campbell.

Although I had given up TM for a meditation technique the name of which I can no longer remember, it was a method better then TM and I still practice it.  With this epiphany not only did I experience an overwhelming love for God, I knew that from that time forward I would never feel lonely again, and I never have.  Why this is so I cannot explain.  I am not nor have I ever been married and I am not currently in any loving relationship with a significant other.  I do have friends, but none who are very close.  I have reason to be lonely, but I definitely am not.  Perhaps because "God is always with me," but I have no proof of that.

The "cosmic consciousness" aspect has faded over time like it never happened, but I still retain my love and awesome appreciation for God.  I traveled the path of atheist, agnostic and believer all within the span of ten years.  While never having experienced an up close and personal encounter with God the effect of my experiences has lead me to the same or similar belief system to the one you espouse in your book.  I have no disagreement with any of the ideas you have expressed and am fully in accord with them.  In particular, I have trouble with using the personal pronoun "Him" with respect to God since that act tends to deny the feminine aspect of God.  I simply use God in place of any pronoun.  Since God is singular in aspect there is no grammatical difficulty in any such writing.

I did find grammatical errors in your book (and would be happy to point them out to you should you like to fix them) any such changes would not alter the meaning of your words to any considerable degree and I do not consider them to be important.  (Perfectionism has been one of my assets/flaws.)

I congratulate you for your contribution to this very important subject.  If more people felt the way you do about love and God, I think the world would be a much better place for all of us to live in.  Bravo!

Love Always, namaste,

-- Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 02:24:52 AM »

That was in 1984.

One of the best near death experiences  I have ever read, and a great help to others struggling with life. I would like to post part of it on my website (this one) if it is possible. I love it and you.

Love

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
starshine

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:22:36 AM »

Thank you both for your thoughtful comments.

Dear New Editor- please feel free to edit and return to me the text of the page. No offense taken.

To the Request to post -

That is why it is up in public. Please feel free to post links. I have added my email addy to the bottom for questions.
SirMichel

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 03:56:24 AM »

God is love. Love is God. That´s right.

But why wrote you this:"
There is true forgiveness, a complete gift grace that can be ours because of Jesus. We need to fear no punishment. He stands in for us in front of God. Only love comes from God. His rage is gone, lifted by the acts of His son.
???????????????

With this words you "rape" the love. God was never any time in rage.
The bible is full of lies about god. The God of the Old Testament is not
the Loving God from Jesus. Jahwe ist the father of all lies.

This passage of your story, "rapes" the love of God.

God was and is only love. God don´t need Jesus, don´t need a cross to
forgive the humans. This love is a limited love !!!
But God is unconditional love.

God has never and will never have any rage !!!

With this passage you "destroy" the unconditional love.

Pleasse remove this passage from your book. 

Greetings
SirMichel

« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 03:59:47 AM by SirMichel » Logged
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 09:08:44 PM »

it's OK Michael, God knows what He is.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
SirMichel

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 11:09:11 PM »

Yes, God knows what he is and what he not is.

Many people can´t believe in God, because of the bible, because of the Old Testament.

Starshine gives a wonderful testimony of the true nature of God.

But this passage can destroy everthing. God is not love  because of the cross of Jesus, but he is love, why he only can be love.

God is greater than Jesus. Jesus came to world to teach love and live love.

If God would love the humans only because of Jesus, his love would not be unconditional.

But the love of God is unconditional !!! No cross, no Jesus and no sacrifice is need for God and the humans.

Please starshine, think about this. Don´t give the unconditional love of God a condition (because of Jesus ...)

Don´t destroy your wonderful story with this statement.

Not the bible or Christianity matters, only the uncondtional love, who God is.

Greetings
Michael

starshine

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 02:03:56 AM »

Just wanted you to know my experience has recieved many visitors from your site here. Thank you, and keep up the good work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »