Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 03:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Post Other Spiritual Experiences Here
| | |-+  Looking for a Mathematician
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for a Mathematician  (Read 2994 times)
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« on: January 07, 2008, 09:13:21 AM »

Hi everyone!

This is a slow paced portion of the Internet that suits me well because it's easy to keep track of all of the postings that are presented here.  Sam's ministrations are definitely laudable and I commend him highly for it.  Thank you Sam!

It has become time for me to relate a story of some experiences I had in the early 80's that have changed my life and my perspectives concerning life in general.

This was a time that my life was in transition (as it so often has been) and my family had just moved into a new home, a modest one, but very comfortable.  My yearnings for spiritual knowledge were as great then as they are now and the out of body experience that resulted at this time due to deliberate efforts I made following a technique I had read about in a book (perhaps it was Journeys Out of the Body by Robert Monroe, not sure), has served to turn my life around.

So here is the experience:

It was an astral dream.  A dream unlike any I had had before since it was a lucid dream (I had full consciousness of my existence as a cognitive entity and my motivations were as direct and plain as they are in everyday waking reality).  Furthermore, I had the ability to move between dimensions by flying in what appeared to be a lotus position (sitting with legs crossed) and this seemed to be perfectly natural.  My body was not necessarily solid and could have been tenuous; however, that held little interest for me because I was on a mission.

The dream started when I found myself in the midst of our house falling down around me and I saw my father nearby, but I made no contact with him and instead proceeded skyward.  (The house falling apart could have been due to my concern over a termite infestation that had me worried at the time.)

I next found myself flying above a white plane that seemed to go on forever.  There was no major light such as a sun, but instead light was everywhere and there were no shadows.  The plane was devoid of occupants, except for a small group of individuals—boys and perhaps four of them, sitting in a ring at a distance below me.  I flew down and conversed with them for a short period, probably via telepathy, but I'm not sure.  Then I proceeded to leave to accomplish my mission.  As I was leaving and before I was “out of earshot,” one of them “called” to me asking a question.  I ignored him and proceeded with my mission; however, this act of indifference, of not caring about the request of another “labeled” me as a certain type and placed my being in a certain definite category of individuals of my ilk.  The consequence of this category that I was in shortly came back to haunt me as I proceeded upon my mission.

I flew through regions of mist.  This lasted a little while—not very long.

Now as to the mission.  In the days before this dream I had been working upon a mathematical problem and I was stumped.  I needed help and that was the nature of my mission.  I was seeking a mathematician to help me solve this problem.  At the climax of my dream I found a mathematician; however, this was not the sort of mathematician who would help me to solve my problem.  She was certainly capable of helping, for her knowledge was vast and awe inspiring, but help me she would not.  And the reason she would not help me was the same reason as the one that made me the type of person who would ignore the request of help from another as I had done earlier.  It's not that I was being punished for ignoring the former request for help; it's just that I and the mathematician who I had encountered were of the same ilk—we deserved each other.

As I said she was awe inspiring.  She was a head about five stories tall—and only a head.  She ignored me completely.  She was spewing mathematical formulas from her mouth in long complex strings that I recognized to be formulas of mathematical logic, the so called prepositional calculus.  This encounter completely unnerved me and I awoke with a start.

Since this time I have been very responsive to requests for help specifically directed to me.  I will always help anyone who asks me.  I have changed.

Love Always, namaste,

-- Charles

"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »

Thanks for sharing your experience, dreams teach us many things. They are valuable guides.

Love

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
chet
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 05:55:39 AM »

This is a slow paced portion of the Internet that suits me well because it's easy to keep track of all of the postings that are presented here.  Sam's ministrations are definitely laudable and I commend him highly for it.  Thank you Sam!

Hi NowIsForever, I concur with this statement exactly.  :)

I also agree that dreams can be so highly charged that they can change you. Some are of an order that is beyond simple dreams, as yours was.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »