Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2017, 04:22:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Post Other Spiritual Experiences Here
| | |-+  I dreamt of death
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I dreamt of death  (Read 1502 times)
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« on: March 03, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »

About a month ago I had a bizarre dream; a lucid dream, perhaps. I was totally aware and fully conscious, unlike most dreams. I did not have a body, but I could see in a forward direction as is typical in everyday life. What I saw (this, as well as the dream, was of short duration, perhaps ten to twenty seconds) was the corner of a room where there was something that looked like abstract art on a board leaning against the wall. The room was dimly lit. This art was a circular disk about two feet in diameter and white swirls on a black background.

I knew I was dead, and there were feelings of disappointment and regret. I did not want to be dead, but there seemed to be nothing that I could do about it. The feelings were not strong, but they were the primary aspect of the experience.

It may be helpful to note that, for the past few months, I have been using a technique involving mild hypnosis in order to experience OBEs. This is something that I learned in an audio presentation by Steve G. Jones, the hypnotherapist (see http://www.stevegjones.com/). The technique prepares the mind/body for astral travel prior to going to sleep. The first step is to wash “grime” from the body by imagining a barrier that pushes it forward, slowly moving from the feet up through the body and out of the top of the head. Now impress the mind with the need to radiate light from the astral body upon leaving the physical body. This will discourage any negative personalities from engaging in conflict once having left the body. Then the next step is to raise the Kundalini from the lower spine up the back and finally to the head and the third eye. Anyone wanting to do this should be careful because it could be dangerous. I have been unsuccessful with my attempts recently to raise my Kundalini, but I know how if feels to succeed, since I experienced this many times in the decade of the eighties. Finally, use the rope climbing technique to exit from the body. This involves imagining that there is a rope handing down from above. Imagine reaching up to grab the rope, and then pulling oneself up out of the body.

So far with the exception of the “I am dead” experience, I have not had an OBE using this method. However, the grime cleaning procedure has been an excellent way to get to sleep. I think it also helps that I set my wake up alarm for the same time each morning and go to bed at the same time each night (give or take a half hour). Lately, I have not been able to finish the grime barrier procedure since I quickly go to sleep. This surprises me because getting to sleep has not been this easy or as fast in the last two or three years.

I should also mention that I have a routine of stretching arm, leg and back muscles before I start the astral projection method. This probably helps considerably in acquiring sudden sleep onset.

Namasté, Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »