Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 10:17:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Post Other Spiritual Experiences Here
| | |-+  My Recent Lucid Dream Attempt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Recent Lucid Dream Attempt  (Read 3239 times)
RideTheWalrus

« on: November 09, 2007, 11:05:32 AM »

When I was younger I used to have many lucid dreams and I once had an out of body experience where I could clearly see my own body.  At that time I was innocent and had no fear.  When a feeling came over me I just accepted it.  Eventually as I grew up these experiences stopped. 

Lately I've been trying to induce a lucid dream through techniques I've read about online.  Eventually using these techniques I was able to have a lucid dream again, but it was different from the past. 

I remember I was walking down a hallway, and at the end of the hallway was a massive green field.  When I reached the end of the hallway a little girl asked me "what are you doing here?" and I said responded by saying "revisited old memories" (or something like that).  Immediately as I said that I suddenly become conscious and the dream became lucid.

I stepped into the field and ran toward a basketball court, and began playing basketball.  I remember there was beautiful music playing, but I can't recall the tune.  I shot the ball at the basket a few times, missing each time (air balls).  I began to wonder if I could leave, I started to get anxious and scared.  I wanted to get back into my body.  I began to fight against the dream.  I prayed to escape the dream and instantly I woke up. 

The whole experience after I said "revisiting old memories" and became conscious only lasted a few seconds.

Unlike in my childhood I couldn't maintain the dream without fear anymore.  It was instinctive for me to fight back against it.  Has anybody else attempted to induce a lucid dream?
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 07:42:38 PM »

I haven't attempted to invoke lucid dreams, but I do have them. They started after my near death experience. I have tried to channel and became a little anxious when it seem to succeed. I think it is natural we are uncomfortable with certain kinds of changes.

Love
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
chet
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 06:41:16 AM »

I have tried to channel and became a little anxious when it seem to succeed.

Could you elaborate on this, Sam?

By 'channelling' I assume you mean getting messages from the spirits of those who have died?

Do you mean you could become a medium if you wanted?
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 09:04:18 PM »

Yes, I believe I could channel the thoughts of spirits if I could quit feeling so uncomfortable about it. I can meditate into the spirit world, but can't stay there very long. Not sure why, I am not fearful of my meditations. There is always a barrier of some kind to keep me from going further into the spirit world. I feel like I might not be able to come back if I passed that barrier. Usually a fence of some kind. The beauty is stunning.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
chet
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 04:35:05 AM »

Hi Sam, thank you for sharing this. It's fascinating!   :o.   One thing I can relate to is the 'fence' idea that cordons us off from ultimately entering the spirit world -  I 'get' that! (From my own dream experiences where dead loved ones went beyond a barrier, eg. turnstile, water etc, and I couldn't cross.) 

I think it's only natural that even if you sense the nearness of the spiritual world, you will experience fear, and draw back. No one wants to die and leave their loved ones here. After all, anything else is a journey into the unknown.

Nevertheless you say
[The beauty is stunning.

Did you get to experience this only after your NDE - or can anyone? Is meditation the way?

Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 05:24:48 AM »

I can to experience it after my near death experience, but I believe anyone can meditate to it. Will take some practice, the main thing is clearing the mind of thoughts and focusing on one thing.

Love
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »