Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 02:52:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Need to talk to someone?
| | |-+  Want to talk
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Want to talk  (Read 11982 times)
nobleangel
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 11:23:55 AM »

Thats exactly how I feel. This article is me. I cannot stay online and type too long .....the light triggers my seizures. My mind is not all here.
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 07:33:12 PM »

David has a web site and you can email him. He would like to hear from you. You can also talk to me if you want. I am a good listener. Let me know how it is going.

Love
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
jlt05301954
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 04:18:56 AM »

From my recent NDE, I feel no doubts whatsoever about what
GOD would have me DO for the second half of my life. I want
to become a writer. I'm 53 years old, and it would seem that
a turn-about career change at the halfway mark in life would
seem too daunting and difficult to achieve. My work background
was that I was a graphic artist for different types of small
publishing projects. For a time, I did illustrations and board-
layouts for Devry. Training manuals.

I was wondering if anyone out there has knowledge about
writing inspirational and help-type books????? I know a
whole lot of nothing about writing and publishing these
types of books. Throughout my life, GOD has directed
my steps, I've strayed many times. Like the prodical
son, I've always come back home with my tail between
my legs! But the LORD has never turned me away, I've
always been totally forgiven, and set on the right path
again.

This is a HUGE turning point in my life, so I'm very-much
open to suggestions, information, or any ideas about
becoming a writer. Short stories, spiritual insights from
a lifetime of searching for life's answers from GOD and
the spiritual world which I could see, sense, or feel
since I was a toddler. All collected in my memory,
but didn't all come together like a mosaic or puzzle,
until NDE opened my eyes of understanding and
knowing.

I feel complete now, and as if 2008 is really and
truely the very beginning of the rest of my life.
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 07:54:48 AM »

I suggest you write about what you know best. Your own experiences and the experiences of others you have come into contact with. When writing about what you know, the tend to flow.

Love
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 12:37:58 AM »

This is a HUGE turning point in my life, so I'm very-much
open to suggestions, information, or any ideas about
becoming a writer.

Hi jlt...,

As I too endeavor to become a writer, I thought you might be interested in my perspective.

I am 55 years old now and I attended the University of Chicago in the early 70's for 2.25 years and then dropped out.  Since then I have held a large variety of jobs and am currently a cashier for Wal-Mart.  The area of work that most appeals to me is software development which I did for 7 years back in the 90's and I hope to get back into that in the coming months.

My progression with writing is to write essays (I have written a few short ones currently), then progress to short stories and then to books, both fiction and non fiction.  I also keep a journal which I write in so as to be writing something every day.  I have uploaded two of the essays to helium.com, which if you don't know is a nice place to go for help with your writing.

You say you have had an NDE.  Have you written an account of this experience?  In my opinion if you want inspiration for writing about the spiritual world, then reading other peoples descriptions of their NDEs is a good place to start.  NDERF.ORG, the Near Death Experience Research Foundation website has hundreds if not thousands of such stories.  Most days numerous current stories appear on the webpage http://www.nderf.org/NDERF_NDEs.htm.

Good Luck!

Love Always, namaste,

-- Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Joost

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 03:28:37 AM »

Hi nobleangel,

I read your message. I'm sorry I didn't read it more earlier.
I know how you feel, I 've suffered from depression for a long time (years), and I know it can be very very bad. It's awful. Maybe this can help you. Each time I feel depression returning, I say to myself: "Don't worry, It's ok to be sad, it's ok to be depressed, it's only human to feel bad every now and then. It's ok to despair. Don't be afraid." The first time I said this to myself I felt an enormous relief, and I felt much better within minutes.

I know the words above may sound a bit trivial to you, but you must realize that depression has a lot to do with fearing your emotions, and trying to stay away from them (or at least this applies to me). For me, the trick is not to fight it. Sit down quietly, make sure you're alone, or if you prefer not to be, seek the company of a loved one, and surrender. To me this was the key to end my depressions. Just let yourself drift through that dark tunnel. There's always light at the end. Nothing bad can happen to you there. It's Ok. It's safe.

I hope this will bring some relief to you. I wish you all the best.

Love,  Joost
p.s. If you want to you can send me an email on J_Bijlmer@hotmail.com
cathyannette

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 12:02:06 PM »

8)Hi, and yes...I'd like to talk...thank you.   On February 18, 1986, I had an experience of a respiratory arrest.  I kept telling them that this was not just as asthma attack.  The last thing I remember in the ER was a nurse looking down at me and saying "calm down...asthma patients always get excited!   Calm down!"  She was taking a blood gas at the time...I passed out...
Next, I was in a hospital bed, a woman was in the bed next to me, her husband sitting on a chair by her side.  I remember kneeling up in the bed and saying, "could you get the nurse?"  They say I pulled out all the tubes, was fighting, tore off my clothes...I remember hearing a 'code blue'.  The next thing I remember is feeling that I was laying down flat...people talking around me, but not to me...I feel the there is an urgency in the room.  I feel a sharp object being dragged up the bottom of my foot...

I am thinking about my son, Sean, who is 6 years old...mama will take care of him...my motherdear (great-grand mother who lived to be 104) who is my best friend and more..my aunt Bettye...they will be alright...my mom...
and then, I feel myself leaving from the top of my head, like light shooting from a center place in my head.  And, I am standing next to the doctor, but I do not recognize the body as me, everyone is looking at a white mound on the table...and, I note the respirtory theorpist...the lady in the blue skirt....and I'm leaning comfortabley against the doctor.  And being brought up Catholic, I look around for angels...no angels...and I've been Buddhist chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo for 6 years...I do note a presence...
I feel a pull...and I turn a part of the way...I know that if I turn all the way, I don't go back.  And, I am not afraid, and I am peaceful.  Then there is a very bright diamond like light, big....so shiney and every facet distintive...like a pathway to somewhere...and, suddenly, I know that I have Choice, and I could choose any Path and go that way...
And a voice, or the feeling of a voice, or acknowledgement...said, no, not yet...you have to go back...you are not finished yet...and, suddenly I saw my husband at the time, also Buddhist...also abusive...but we had prayed sincerely together many times, many years.  And, I always sat to his right when we prayed...I saw
 him chanting...and, a spotlight where I used to be...empty...and, he kept chanting.  A circle, like a spotlight..

Suddenly, I was whooshed!!!!through a lot of blazing, yellow light!  There was a lot of confusion...!  This was the only time I felt fear...
I'm standing next to the doctor.  I recognize so briefly that that is me on the table...I whoosh back into my body through the chest area...
I am laying down...looking with closed eyes  up.

I acknowledge that my chest is not rising or falling...I pass out.

I was on a ventilator for 4 days.  I was pulled off the fifth day.  I wake you laughing and talking...I described everyone who was in the room...especially the lady in the blue...all confirmed.

I stayed in the hospital for 1 month.  People came from all over to see this woman who had been revived.  I was amazed.  This experience taught me not to be afraid of the dark, not to be afraid of many things.  I have used this experience and my connection with Spirit to restart and win in my life many times.  My heart is still sad and I am very confused...but, I keep trying to find my passion...my purpose.  Thank You for listening.
 :-*Cathyannette
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »

Welcome Cathy

Thanks for sharing your near death experience with us. These experiences help others to realize we are eternal. I would love to talk to you about it. I had a near death experience also. Please just write what you want to know or are concerned about and we will talk.

Love

cathyannette

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »

Hi  Sam,
I'm going thru some more changes in my Life now and I was sick with a cold last week.  Life is always full of challenges.  I wanted to thank you for responding to my experience.  That was the first time I've ever written it down, but I have told it to people.  Also, signing your note back "Love, Sam" is something that I see you do in your reply, but to me it was very special.  People talk about becoming more compassionate after an experience like this.  I was born too compassionate, too sensitive, with a lot of love for humainty in my heart.  Yes, one of the benefits for me was also a sense of responsibility to share with people that Life is Eternal and that we are still the same entity when we become Spirit and our physical selves become the dormant, internal side of us.  Life seems to repeat itself so that we find ourselves on a repeating cycle of circumstances, with an opportunity to again face the challenge and 'do something different' to get a different effect...till we get it 'right'.  And then, there is always 'something else' to work on.  It is a pleasure to share my feelings with you. I will try to visit with you again soon.  Your Friend in Spirit (which knows no bounderies)...Love Back, Cathy :)
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 07:01:55 PM »

Hi  Sam,
I'm going thru some more changes in my Life now and I was sick with a cold last week.  Life is always full of challenges.  I wanted to thank you for responding to my experience.  That was the first time I've ever written it down, but I have told it to people.  Also, signing your note back "Love, Sam" is something that I see you do in your reply, but to me it was very special.  People talk about becoming more compassionate after an experience like this.  I was born too compassionate, too sensitive, with a lot of love for humainty in my heart.  Yes, one of the benefits for me was also a sense of responsibility to share with people that Life is Eternal and that we are still the same entity when we become Spirit and our physical selves become the dormant, internal side of us.  Life seems to repeat itself so that we find ourselves on a repeating cycle of circumstances, with an opportunity to again face the challenge and 'do something different' to get a different effect...till we get it 'right'.  And then, there is always 'something else' to work on.  It is a pleasure to share my feelings with you. I will try to visit with you again soon.  Your Friend in Spirit (which knows no bounderies)...Love Back, Cathy :)

I could not have said it more perfect than you have. God Bless

Love
 :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:02:52 PM by Sam » Logged
cathyannette

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 07:53:13 AM »

No...the Thanks is to u... 8) Keep up the 'good' work....Cathy...Later...
Teacher

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 10:31:47 PM »

Hi Pharmgirl,

This is the first time I've tried this, so I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly.  However, I want to say to you that, "Boy do I know how you feel."  Life can feel pretty hopeless sometimes, can't it?  My mother just died after having Alzheimers for more than 7 years; my mother- in- law has Alzheimers also.  My wife's sister is filing for divorce after 28 years of marriage.  It seems that one unhappy incident happens after another.  The only advice  I can give you is two fold:

1.  Trust in the God who loves you and will always be with you.  He cares about your pain.
    2.  Since depression is anger turned inward, give yourself permission to get MAD !   This might mean screaming, punching a
         bag, etc. --whatever works best for you.  The important thing is GET MAD !

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »