Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 10:47:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Britney's Blog
| |-+  Comments on Poems and Stuff (Moderator: angelbearbp)
| | |-+  Re: A Reflection on American Culture
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: A Reflection on American Culture  (Read 766 times)
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« on: August 15, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »

Yo Britney!

Britney: "People who are smiled at or acknowledged are probably less likely to end their lives."

I continue to research the NDE and many other topics prior to the writing of my first book which is provisionally titled: The I Is Everything: Science and Spirituality Conjoined.

Yesterday I gave to a coworker (Sandy Rogers, a man) the book Lessons From the Light: In-Sights From a Journey to the Other Side by Sandi Rogers. Sandy is someone who was born and raised in the Christian religion (possibly fundamentalist) and I didn't know how he would react to reading this book, but he seemed to love it. Sandra Rogers is one of those who experienced the afterlife upon a shooting-herself-in-the-chest attempted suicide. She was given the opportunity to relive her life up to the point of suicide and not commit suicide again, or return to her ravaged body and take it from there. She choose the latter. The book is a collection of short observations/pronouncements about God and Love and living with love in this world together with longer renditions of particular insights ending each chapter. It is a short book, only 97 pages exclusive of the Forward by Betty J. Eadie (Embraced By The Light) and Acknowledgments.

There is so much to extol in this book despite its pithy statements, that I want to read it again and again. I read the book I gave to Sandy about 2/3 through and then bought the Kindle version from Amazon. The book is a distillation of the many insights brought to us by people who have encountered the NDE and I very highly recommend it.

Namasté, Charles

"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »