Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 11:23:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Just wanted to know . . .
| | |-+  Want to know?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Want to know?  (Read 15306 times)
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« on: August 13, 2007, 02:03:15 AM »

Many people have a lot of questions about spiritual things and other things also, post them here.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
chet
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 05:07:05 AM »

Hi, I was wondering about coincidence. Sometimes I'm taken aback by things that seem to be answers to my particular life circumstances - or maybe not exactly answers, but more like leads...

For example, people may say something in passing, or you may see something on TV, or read a passage in a book - yet it seems uncannily 'on cue' to one's life. You wonder if it's mere coincidence or if there's some other meaning behind it. Any thoughts?
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 06:44:12 AM »

My thoughts are that your spirit guide is helping you. Everyone has a spirit guide that does give us hints and pushes now and then. I believe this is what is happening. I don't have much faith in circumstances.

Love

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
chet
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 03:01:22 AM »

That's interesting. Is a spirit guide the same thing as a guardian angel?
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 04:07:23 PM »

Yes, same as a guardian angel.
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 07:57:07 PM »

Yes, if we listen, and be patient most problems or concerns will be answered.

Love
RideTheWalrus

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 01:50:37 PM »

I frequently hear that on a higher level there is no division from god, which does not bother me if we retain our identity and memories.  The problem is there are many differing opinions on where our 'end goal' is in spiritual evolution, I've heard things like this:

...become one with all, thus having no memory, no identity, no past or future, but existing in the all. -"Law of One"

Yet I've heard things from NDEs that directly contradict that statement

When we pass from this life, we don't just become a big glob of spirit. That's nonsense. You never lose your identity. You have had your identity before there was time and before there was space. In the beginning there was the void, and you existed then. Just because someone said, ''Let there be light,'' and turned on the light, doesn't mean we didn't exist before that. I'm like Barry Manilow. I've been around forever. I might not have sung, but I hummed the very first song. -Dannion Brinkley

Personally the idea of losing my identity, memories, and no longer truly being 'me' for eternity is absolutely terrifying.  I would like to believe no change will occur that we do not will to happen, and that identity is absolutely sacred.  So I would like to believe Dannion Brinkley's version.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 01:55:12 PM by RideTheWalrus » Logged
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 06:15:20 PM »

Yes, Dannon Brinkley know what he is talking about. He's had several NDEs. I have had one and what he says is correct. It just won't make any sense to lose your identity. Welcome aboard

Love
RideTheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 01:53:21 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply!

Good to be here.  This has become one of my favorite sites.
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 07:48:04 PM »

Hi Ride..., and welcome to the forum!  Traffic is low here and IMHO, any input is welcome.

While I've come close to death on a couple of occasions, I've never had an NDE.  On my second near encounter with death I had a transformative experience that lead me from an introverted personality to extroverted and that changed gradually over time to an ambiverted personality.  Now I'm equally at home with both introversion (I appreciate being alone at times) and extroversion (I have no problem holding forth before a crowd).  The point is that I'm no stranger to transformations in personality.

Transformations in personality is, I think, what reincarnation is all about.  While a core of personality is probably common to all incarnations of a particular individual, wild swings in behavior types, I presume, should be expected.  After all, we are certainly—at least in part—a product of our environment.  We have here on earth a mix of old and new souls; some have incarnated here (and elsewhere) hundreds or thousands of times.  Others are here for the first time.  Recently I've come to compare the nature of our incarnations to the facets of a diamond.  The facets individually are only one aspect of the whole and any particular facet is no predictor of the nature of the whole.  Yet the diamond is incomplete if it is missing any of its facets.

I also have the opinion that once we have matured to fully enlightened beings we can move about our many personality types at will—either selecting one and acting with the behavior traits of that particular individual or dropping all pretense of personality altogether and assuming a oneness with all that is.  Complete freedom is the way and the Truth shall set us Free.

"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
chet
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 06:32:36 AM »

It just won't make any sense to lose your identity.

Yes, what sense would it make? Since WE on earth obviously have our distinct personalities I personally find it credible that other beings, in fact even our Maker, would have a personality too. Also that other beings might exist (like "angels") that also have personalities.
I haven't had an NDE but from what I've read, those who have had an NDE do sense a personality in the 'being' or beings they encounter and are themselves treated as an individual with a personal history on earth etc. 

Basic extrapolation: WE have personalities, so where did that come from?  Is it possible God is a Person?

To the modern Western mind the idea of annihilation of the person which Buddha apparently taught goes against the grain (probably from our Judaeo-Christian heritage).  But it's possible our present personality is very old, and made up of 'seeds' or 'facets' from many earlier lives. So it may not cost much to give "it" up?!  :-\

Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 10:27:35 PM »

Is was my experience that God is All-That-Is, but can also be personal. When I was in the light, that was in the presence of God to me. Total Love and caring and compassion. Who could ask for anything more.

Love

chet
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 04:39:06 AM »

It's such a privilege to have had one of those experiences. 

I think I can sort of grasp the idea of it - the idea of a God who is beyond us yet nevertheless loves us  :o.  If He loves, then surely He must be 'personal'?

Then why are some things so hard in life for us?
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 07:05:59 PM »

Basically, this planet earth is like a school. We are completely safe and secure, but we feel fear instead. Most of the problems are because we make bad choices, and some are catalysts to get us out of a rut and turned in a different direction. No one wants to have a heart attack, but now after mine and the resulting NDE, I am grateful for it. It showed me the path and gave me knowledge to follow it. So when bad things happen try to understand what meaning there is in them to make us better than we were.

Love

« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 07:07:30 PM by Sam » Logged
chet
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 06:07:58 AM »

Most of the problems are because we make bad choices, and some are catalysts to get us out of a rut and turned in a different direction.

This makes sense to me.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »