Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2017, 04:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Just wanted to know . . .
| | |-+  Could this be a "message" from a spirit?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could this be a "message" from a spirit?  (Read 1743 times)
Sistergoldenhair
« on: May 05, 2010, 01:24:24 AM »

Hello everyone,

I have enjoyed reading the posts on this site about near death experiences.  I have never had one, but I am having some strange experiences since a serious illness in Sept.  I am 46 years old and have worked as a nurse for 25 years.  I had no idea my blood pressure was high and was hospitalized in Sept. 2009 for congestive heart failure due to uncontrolled hypertension.  Thankfully, God restored me to perfect health and I am so grateful.

Now, at unpredictable times I think I hear my name being whispered.

Also, one day I "heard" this in my thoughts and wrote it down: 

I'm here.  I know you can't hear me or see signs of life but I'm here and I'm ok.  It doesn't hurt.  You won't believe how beautiful it is and what freedom you'll have.  It's like living in a dream come true.  You won't be sad anymore...you'll see.  I can't wait til you see.  You're not alone, not like you think you are.  The spirits of your loved ones surround you all the time.  You are fine.  You are where you are supposed to be.  Be your best.  Love to you, love to you, love, love, love, love, love...

Could this be a message from a spirit?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Regina 

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:26:20 AM by Sistergoldenhair » Logged
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 01:55:31 AM »

Who do you think this message might be coming from?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
Sistergoldenhair
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 09:03:17 AM »

I just can't be sure.     
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 04:57:08 PM »

Sounds like it could be a spirit message, but no way to know for sure.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 01:08:43 AM »

Hi, Regina,

...Could this be a message from a spirit?...

Of course it could be: "...there have been many recorded instances of trauma opening people up to psychic experiences...," cf., http://alternativespirituality.suite101.com/article.cfm/psychic_power_and_trauma.

However, I think a lot depends upon how you feel about this, especially if you are interested in receiving more such messages. If you are open to the idea that this is indeed a communication from the spirit world, then it is much more likely that you will continue to receive these messages and obtain vertical evidence supporting them. The mere fact that you recorded this communication and are trying to investigate its nature indicates that you do care about it.

The brain is a very complex system. It should not be surprising that alternations in the mode of its functioning can cause variations in our awareness. In my case, I happen to observe the reverse effect: A stroke I had in 1984 (an intracranial hematoma, due to a burst capillary, which left me temporarily paralyzed on my left side), seemingly resulted in less psychic experience for me. Before this incident, I had out of the body experiences and lucid dreams; they were common. Afterward a few lucid dreams, and an incident where I heard my name called while awaking one morning when I was about to make a major decision in my life's journey. My loss of psychic talent has been more than compensated by an epiphany I had five months after my hospital stay: I literally fell in love with God while standing under the spray of my morning shower!

Namasté, Charles

"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »