Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2017, 06:06:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Post Other Spiritual Experiences Here
| | |-+  My Paranormal Experience
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Paranormal Experience  (Read 1292 times)
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »

This is a story about NDEs and the paranormal. Sometime near the year 1970 I had seen a Reader’s Digest arrive in the mail. (It was my mother’s subscription, and she read it devotedly.) On the cover it indicated that a story inside related to a death experience and life after death. This was about five years before Dr. Raymond Moody’s book, Life After Life, was published. Moody’s book was a revelation in the context of NDEs; however, the Reader’s Digest article was my first encounter with the notion of life after death as distinct from religious ideas.

I was very intrigued by the article and wanted to read it, only I had to let my mother peruse the magazine first. After awhile I asked her where the magazine was, and she told me that it was on her dresser. I went into her room and looked for it there, but I couldn’t find it—yet I didn’t look very thoroughly. I turned around, and was about to exit the door to her room (and attempt to procure her help to find it) when I heard a noise behind me. It sounded like a book had fallen to the floor. So I turned around to investigate this. The book was not on the floor; however, looking methodically I did find it under the dresser. It was in the middle of the space under the dresser. Now, I suppose it could have fallen off the dresser and landed there, but the sound that I heard was of a book landing on the floor while parallel to it. It was a sharp quickly ending sound that would not be associated with a book falling on a corner and then landing fully. It was as if the book had fallen through the dresser—as if it wasn’t even there.

There were no other books under the dresser. I had left the dresser a few seconds before I heard the book fall, so it’s not likely that an action of mine made it fall after I had turned to exit. Furthermore, it’s unlikely that it would land in the middle of the area under the dresser had it fallen off a side. From this I concluded that, either the book had fallen through the dresser, or it had been lying underneath the dresser all along and the sound of its landing that I heard was manufactured by some paranormal means. Either way, I assumed that a disincarnate personality had wanted me to read the article so much as to exert an extraordinary effort (an apport) to bring it to my attention. Although the article was intriguing and was my first encounter with a story of survival after death, I doubt that the incident changed my life in any significant way. I would have procured and read NDE stories to the same extent had this experience not come my way.

This evening I looked to see if I could access Reader’s Digest archives online; however, I haven’t found any means to locate this issue yet. I would like to reread this article and perhaps make it available on my website if possible. A reply from anyone knowing how to do this would be much appreciated.

"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »