Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2017, 06:18:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Post Other Spiritual Experiences Here
| | |-+  my experience
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my experience  (Read 2998 times)
Joost

« on: June 14, 2007, 02:49:57 AM »

Hi everybody,

I'd like to tell you about the following experience I had:
It was in april 1995, it was a very beautifull sunny spring day, it was nice and warm, the sky was blue and all kinds of plants and trees were blossoming. Nature looked beautifull. I was together with my mother in the hospital, visiting my grandmother. My grandmother was dying. Now, my grandmother had during her life often been a very negative person, but now as she lay there in her hospital bed, smiling so sweet and beautiful and lovingly as we never had seen her.

As we sat there a nurse came in, and suddenly in a short moment, I fell in love with this nurse. Immediately I got very mad with myself, considering it hihgly inapropriate, even a blasphemy, to fall in love with a nurse while sitting next to my dying grandmother. But then I got something of a vision, or some kind of strange awareness. All these things, the beautiful wheater and blossoming nature, my sweetly smiling, dying grandmother, and me falling in love with this nurse, seemed in that moment part of the same perfectly natural logic. There was nothing contradictory in it, no struggle, no judgement. Just perfect logic, peace and love. Then I saw the flow of Life, a sparkling river flowing on and on forever, peacefully, lovingly. It was as if I could decide to step in to this flow and drift along with it, or just stand beside it and watch it flow. And again there was no judgement in that.
It was one of the most remarkable experiences I've ever had.
A few hours later my grandmother passed away. Afterwards I've never felt any guilt about falling in love with that nurse.

Love and peace, Joost
hewholaughslast

The Late Great Me
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 05:47:42 PM »

Thank you for posting this experience...

Falling in love with a person, who has the willingness and commitment to desire the good of the other before the self, without wanting anything in return, is a beautiful thing…even if it is just for a moment...

Love has no logic...love is a release of emotions that defy rational judgment.

I would think that you were in a category of love called romantic love…romantic love is deemed to be of a higher metaphysical and moral status than sexual or physical attractiveness alone...the idea of romantic love initially stems from the platonic tradition that love is a desire for beauty...a value that transcends the individuality of the physical body.

I think you were and are in harmony with the world and in that state of love isn’t achieved very often, your grandmother saw where she was going to and maybe she was trying to communicate it back to you by here demeanour, the way she was smiling back at you…old folks are at their most mysterious before they die…if you could see that sparkling flowing river with no judgement then your grandmother has succeeded in imparting a truth to you…don’t try to understand it of justify it according to your earthly boundaries, it cant be done…just accept it and desire it……I can tell you that where she is right now she is experiencing love that you cant comprehend here on earth…

Perfect logic is meaningless without perfect perspective and it’ll be good for you to know that you love because of who you are…

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:50:59 PM by hewholaughslast » Logged
Too much of a good thing is wonderful!!!!
chet
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 05:06:55 AM »

Hello Joost,

I can understand your experience.  I've been at the deathbed of someone I love dearly  - and things happened that were a bit, well, odd. I can quite believe that what you got was a glimpse of universal love. Sometimes it takes the death of someone we loved to broaden things out.  That nurse represented LOVE to you.

People at death's door experience things. I know that from my own mother's death. She was not an outwardly emotional or demonstrative person, yet she let me know from her body language that at death's door she was experiencing extraordinary things.  Good things I think!
chet
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 05:22:58 AM »

Hi Hewholaughslast

I can tell you that where she is right now she is experiencing love that you cant comprehend here on earth…

These words are so comforting to me, thank you! I think they're true.

I can believe what you say from my own experiences though they are much less than having nearly died! Yet I can believe what you say. I can apply it to my mother who I believe in her last hours on earth was already seeing that other world.

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I feel that it's important that whoever can, can tell us of the Realm beyond. Thanks to modern medicine, it's increasingly possible.  :D

« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 05:33:33 AM by chet » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »