Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2017, 08:44:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  On The certainty that I'm loved
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: On The certainty that I'm loved  (Read 1581 times)
Joost

« on: September 28, 2009, 08:35:32 PM »

Hi

I was really struck by September 15th blog "The certainty that I'm loved", with the funny story of a climber hanging of a cliff, who's being told by God to just pray and let go. For several years I've had a recurring dream in which I was at some great height, hanging either of a cliff or mountainside or building, being frightened to fall, or anxiously wondering how I'd ever be able to get down. 
In many cases I did fall, with actually having the strong sensation of really physically falling down. I allways ended up falling softly in to my bed.
Through the years I learned to recognize this situation in my dream and really started to let go, which was allways followed by this same strong sensation of falling and landing in my bed. Nowadays I even just jump. As I jump the whole scene of the dream usually just dissolves, which is a pity in a way because I started to like falling like that. Only when I have some hard times in my personal life the fear of falling returns.
Another funny thing is that in real life I like to climb, so this blog really seemed to be about me.

Love, Joost
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 12:41:08 AM »

I am glad you liked it. Usually a feeling of falling during sleep indicates you have been out of body and are returning to it. It is a common dream for many. I will be glad when the book is published and others can read it.

Love
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »