Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 11:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Post Inspirational Material Here
| | |-+  Learn Mantra Meditation (for free)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Learn Mantra Meditation (for free)  (Read 1948 times)
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« on: August 12, 2009, 07:13:05 AM »

I wrote an article on learning mantra meditation.  Anyone intrerested can read or download the PDF file on my website:

http://nowisforever.me/Pages/Meditation.html

Namaste, Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
EricC

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:17:39 AM »

I checked out your site.  Interesting stuff!  I've been dabbling in meditation for a while now, but I'm still a novice.

To be able to get your breathing rate down to 2 and 1/4 times a minute is incredible though.

At that level of meditation are you able to astral project?  That was my original goal when I started meditating (now I do it because I think it's positive for my health and energy levels).
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:37:34 AM »

At that level of meditation are you able to astral project?  That was my original goal when I started meditating (now I do it because I think it's positive for my health and energy levels).

The short answer is no.  In my spiritual travel, I have had lucid dreams, astral travels, and one OBE, but I don't think that my practice of meditation is related to any of that (perhaps it is, but I don't think so).  It could be that as an advanced meditator, I can more easily acquire these skills, but that would be only speculation.  The reason why I am so fond of meditation (and almost everyone around me is not) is a profound mystery to me.  I think perhaps it relates to one or more incarnations that I have had in India, but again that is only speculation.

Some of my best meditations ever have been morning meditations in the last few months.  Something marvelous happens that I cannot put into words, time disappears, I am just existing, and it feels wonderful.

Namaste, Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »