Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 01:19:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Post Other Spiritual Experiences Here
| | |-+  A few odd things..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A few odd things..  (Read 5095 times)
Shauni
« on: April 10, 2007, 02:42:34 AM »

I like to think of them as spiritual experiences. I've had many throughout my lifetime, but I can only really describe a few. Some of them I just don't remember enough to explain, and others are just...One of those 'you have to experience it yourself to understand', kind of things.

I've had some pretty vivid, religious-related dreams. Some of them are possibly just dreams, but others have really stuck with me, leading me to believe that they're something I need to keep in mind.

I still remember one from when I was seven years old. My Great-grandmother had recently passed away, and I was confused about how I felt. On one hand, I was devastated. I might have been young, but I realized that she was..Gone. But I was also religious at that age, and I knew she had been in terrible physical pain for almost a year before her death, and that it was selfish to still want her here, suffering. I didn't know what to make of these thoughts, and a few nights after her funeral, I had this dream:  I went to a place, I wasn't sure where it was. It was on top of clouds, and there was a bright light coming from somewhere, but I wasn't allowed to look where the light was coming from. I had to keep my attention focused straight ahead. I saw others walking around, in robes and exuding a light from within. After a few minutes, my great-grandmother came up to me. She looked the same as I'd last seen her, except all the pain was gone from her face, she had an aura of light around her, and she was wearing the same robes and such as the others I had seen. She gave me back the roses we had placed on her casket, and smiled. She didn't say anything to me, but she didn't need to. Just from looking at her, I knew she was happy now, and she was the one who felt sorry for me, having to 'return' to the world.

I remember another weird dream. I had just fallen asleep, and I was floating upwards with incredible speed. I couldn't look down or up, only straight ahead. I saw the green grass and hills below fading quickly, and I was wondering just how long I'd keep going. Finally, an odd force stopped me. I couldn't go any farther. There must have been a very bright light up there, as even though I could only stare forward, I caught a glimpse of the light.

I heard a voice say' Not Yet', felt myself falling, and then woke up.

The last weird dream that I can fully remember was hardly a dream at all. I can't remember if the dream was of heaven or the rapture, but I know it was one of those things. I don't remember any visuals at all, only that at one point in the dream, I felt happiness unlike anything I've ever felt on this earth. Pure bliss, and the feeling of belonging. There was nothing to worry about, and everyone knew and loved each other. It's hard to describe in words, and I was depressed for at least an hour after waking up, because I had lost that feeling. I didn't want to leave it, but I had to.

I've also had some experiences that weren't in dream form, but as this post is pretty long already, I'll only post one more thing.

It happened while I was sleeping, and though at first I thought it was an OBE or something, I think now that it was probably sleep paralysis or something. But, as I'm no expert in the field, maybe someone can help judge whether that's truly the case or not.

It happened right after falling asleep. At first, I hadn't wanted to close my eyes at all. I'm not sure why, but when I started to drift off at first, it felt 'weird'. It just felt ..Different from how you usually slip into sleep. * shrug*  Of course, I was pretty tired, so that probably added to it.

I remember feeling as if I had been separated from my body, and that I was stuck only a few feet above it. As I tried to open my eyes, I discovered I couldn't. I was completely paralyzed, but still able to think. I remember having this eerily calm thought about being dead. For a few seconds, I 'knew' I was dead, and that it was perfectly alright. But then, after a few more seconds, I realized I wasn't, and began to panic. After a few moments of this 'panic', I remember feeling like I had fallen back into my body, and at that moment, my entire body convulsed, and I was able to move again.

I still think that one was sleep paralysis, though, and nothing really un-natural.

Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 01:03:44 AM »

Thanks for posting. Lucid dreams are spiritual experiences, and I have no doubt you were in contact with your grandmother.

Loved your post. More?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
sofia
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 09:25:18 AM »

Thanks for posting. Lucid dreams are spiritual experiences, and I have no doubt you were in contact with your grandmother.

Loved your post. More?

My mom passed away some time ago and it was rough, as it would be for anyone. After the funeral, she was cremated.
I am the oldest child of three, so it was decided that I would take mom's cremains. My sister and brother thought I was kind of losing
it because I held onto them for nearly 2 years. I still cried myself to sleep many nights missing her. One night, I had an amazing dream.
I was standing at the end of a tarmac with a long red narrow carpet leading to an airplane. I was standing at the far end of the carpet
facing and watching the plane as the door opened. My mom came off the plane, walking and wearing a little "Jackie-O" suit with
a pillbox hat. She began walking toward me with a huge smile on her face her arms outstretched. I ran to her, so happy that she was
walking, as she had MS when she passed and was unable to walk at all. She was radiantly beautiful and said that I needed to stop
my grieving and that she was fine. I can't express in words the comfort and love I felt coming from her. That night was the last night
I cried from grief.  I know that this was real and the memory of it comforts me to this day. Thanks for listening.
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 08:49:32 PM »

Sofia, I really liked your posts and appreciate them very much. We learn from other's experiences, they are so important.

Love
 :)
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
chet
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 05:08:05 AM »

One night, I had an amazing dream.
I was standing at the end of a tarmac with a long red narrow carpet leading to an airplane. I was standing at the far end of the carpet
facing and watching the plane as the door opened. My mom came off the plane, walking and wearing a little "Jackie-O" suit with
a pillbox hat. She began walking toward me with a huge smile on her face her arms outstretched. I ran to her, so happy that she was
walking, as she had MS when she passed and was unable to walk at all. She was radiantly beautiful and said that I needed to stop
my grieving and that she was fine. I can't express in words the comfort and love I felt coming from her. That night was the last night
I cried from grief.  I know that this was real and the memory of it comforts me to this day.

Sofia, thanks so much for sharing this experience after you lost your mother.  I think it was a true meeting. I say this because I too have had several startling 'dreams' and one actual tangible experience after my mother died. On several occasions I could honestly say I "met" her  - and she was looking well! :)

You say your mum was radiant! I can believe she was. I too saw my mother  - oddly with red hair and beautiful clear skin as if she was 16 years old, as I had never known her. Certainly not as she was at the end of her earthly life. Why would we dream this way - where our loved ones are infused with new energy and power? Wishful thinking -  or is it perhaps real?

What I like most about your 'dream' though, is that it's very much like a dream my sister had - where she was sitting in an airport arrivals room and a beautiful white airplane touched down - and our mother came off it with lots of balloons like it was a party for a VIP ( just like your red carpet!).

My mother walked with my sister to the arrivals lounge - the thing my sister couldn't get over was how good my mother looked. In the 'dream' my sister said, 'Wow, Mum - you're so....  elegant!' She was elegantly dressed - like your mum dressed like Jackie O. My sister can describe what my mum was wearing  - it seemed to indicate her STATUS . I think this means that they have passed on to better things - it's metaphorical.

Whatever... I believe your 'dream' of your mother. The fact that your dream conforms to the same sort of theme as my sister's makes me think that maybe our sleeping brains translate spirits coming down from the heavens as planes coming down to land on our earthly level i.e. a metaphor.

Your mother certainly gave you a wonderful message that we should all think about.  :)
pharmgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 08:34:38 AM »

i too lost my father almost 18 months ago.at his funeral,i had the hymn "i'll fly away"played at his service.he loved that song,and growing up i would sometimes hear him sing bits and pieces "like a bird from these prison walls i'll fly,i'll fly away".i was given a book from a co-worker following his funeral called "chicken soup for the father/daugher soul.the first story,upon flipping through the 200+ pages of this book,that i began to read,was about a daughter and her father and how he too sang this song,and upon her finding that he has passed in a nursing home,when she arrived the morning of his passing a gospel trio were singing that song in the lobby.at first i though-how coincidental,that the first story i would read,would almost mirror my own experience.2 days later,after reading that story,and exactly one week to the day of his death,i was cleaning house,and had stepped outside to shake out some rugs.upon entering the house i noticed something out of the corner of my eye,in my den (i live in the woods of kentucky mind you) i noticed a small wren sitting every so still on a window sill,watching me.as i entered the room,i couldn't help (and still to this day) but feel as though my fathers presence was there.i looked at the bird and said stay as long as you like.we looked at each other for approx.5 minutes or so.finally i walked to the screen door to let it out (i still do not know how it got in the room without any windows open and a shut screen door)and said stop by anytime,then it flew out the door.so may say this story is entirely coincidence,or perhaps i have enterpreted what i felt i needed as "closure" but i feel in my heart,it was in some way,my father sending me a message that we are not alone-ever.-pharmgirl
chet
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 06:48:38 AM »

Hi pharmgirl, beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it. I can understand how that bird would have meant so much to you - how it seemed to look at you - and certainly why you set it free.

Birds are traditionally symbols of the spirit (well, obviously Christianity has the same idea - the Holy Spirit as a dove). But it's interesting you saw a wren. Specifically the wren is sacred to the Celts especially - as a seemingly small and insignificant bird, but one not to be crossed! Perhaps your father was that type of person?!  :o

When my aunt was dying, she apparently saw a bird on her bed and said (in her Scottish way): 'Look at that lovely wee bird!' Of course no one present could see it - so was it a hallucination,a result of drugs etc? Who knows? Except she was almost comatose, dying of cancer, and that vision of that 'wee bird' woke her up and brought a smile to her face - and startled everyone round her bed . I personally think it was a symbol of the spirit world for her - as that wren was for you.   :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »