Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 01:21:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Britney's Blog
| |-+  Comments on Poems and Stuff (Moderator: angelbearbp)
| | |-+  re: my battle with voices-what have I become?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: re: my battle with voices-what have I become?  (Read 2638 times)
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« on: November 30, 2008, 12:23:50 PM »

I felt suicidal last night. I had all these thoughts running through my head and how I've been treating people-like my friend Paige doesn't think I like her.

Brit, as is so often the case it feels like three steps forward and two steps back--but that is progress.

I just feel like ever since I've gotten so much knowledge about things I feel so prideful and absorbed in myself and I shouldn't.....I mean shouldn't it do the opposite?

Pride is so difficult to deal with.  On the one hand, you feel you are making progress and that is beneficial, on the other hand the emotion tends to set you apart from others and that is unreal, since we are all in this together, we must support each other and render assistance at every turn.  It's easy really and is summed up siccantly in that one admonition:  "Love one another."

Namaste,

-- Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
angelbearbp

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 12:52:11 AM »

"Your relationship with yourself-begins everything else. If you despise yourself-it affects your relationship with God and others." -heard that from a cd

I guess my pride started from first not liking myself so I built up a protective wall of false superiority in order to protect myself but in the end it hurt me which made me suicidal.
Thats a good analogy of taking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back.
"We are all in this together!"

Thank you so much for making me feel better!
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 08:12:21 AM »

Thank you so much for making me feel better!

I am happy that this helped you.  I didn't know if it would, but I felt that I had to try.  When I saw your message, and you mentioned feeling suicidal, I wanted to say something to help you feel better if I could.  My words come from conviction and from struggles I have had to deal with over the years and am still dealing with now.  Life ain't easy!

Namaste,

-- Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »