Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 05:37:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  Post Near Death Experiences Here
| | |-+  A Work Accident
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Work Accident  (Read 3024 times)
jonquil

« on: October 27, 2008, 10:47:32 PM »

In 1978 I suffered a work accident during which I passed out briefly. As I did not see any bright lights and simply regained consciousness after the trauma to my head proved to be minimal, it was not technically a near death experience. As a linguist, I have to say that semantically it was a near death experience (a matter of millimeters). My account is posted on Authspot.com as A Near Death Experience by jonquil. I will supply the link in my next post.
jonquil

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 10:52:40 PM »

This is the link to my account:
http://www.authspot.com/Biographies/A-Near-Death-Experience.59083
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 06:56:41 PM »

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is common to not see a light in some near death experiences. It is how you felt about life after the experience that counts.

Love
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 09:10:09 PM »

In 1978 I suffered a work accident during which I passed out briefly.

Hi Jonquil,

I too had a near encounter with death, and it was just six years after yours (specifically on Aug 2, 1984).  I had a stroke (an intercranial hematoma) caused by a blood vessel bursting in my brain.  It seems that just as with you, I didn't know that I had lost consciousness, and for you the evidence that you did was indicated by your location, for me, I had to be told by an observer that I had passed out (it seems that I had fallen to the bathroom floor at the work site where I had the stroke and others in the adjoining room were alerted to my condition because I was thrashing about).  I saw no bright light and nothing happened to me except that I was paralyzed on my left side.

I was told by my doctor that had the vessel that burst been just a few millimeters distant from where it was I would have died.  Then at age 32 I was ready and willing to die.  I still am--I do not fear death--not in the least, but every day is a blessing to me.  I want to spread love whenever, and wherever I can.  As Sam says it is how you feel after a near death experience that really matters and for me that happened in a fabulous way just 5 months after my stroke when I had an epiphany while under a bathroom shower and fell in love with God.  The consequences of that I have related elsewhere on this site:  http://aleroy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42.0.

While the epiphany was colored by the consequences of the stroke, it was my opinion at the time that the event was the dawning in me of what some have called cosmic consciousness.  The advent of this state of mind was brought about by ten years of meditation.  I had been using the TM method of meditation, but in the early 1980s, I had changed to a technique called ultra meditation.  It is a far better technique, and it is easy to teach as well.  I intend to post the method here in this forum shortly.

Death nearly came upon me on one other occasion in the winter of what was probably 1968-69.  I was returning from a ski trip in the Black Hills of South Dakota, Terry Peak.  On a winding road down the mountain (I was in the back seat of the VW bug), we skidded on the icy road and did a 270 degree turn about.  We nearly fell thousands of feet down the mountain.  I wasn't much bothered by this (naive I was at the time), but my friend sitting beside me was petrified.  This was not a life changing event, although the skiing was fascinating!

Namaste, Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
hewholaughslast

The Late Great Me
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 10:27:27 PM »

Thank you for sharing this experience with us...Sam hit the nail on the head as it were, about how you feel about your life afterwards...

That question you posed, was I unconscious comatose or dead, can only be answered by yourself in examining what you were aware of at the time...
Too much of a good thing is wonderful!!!!
jonquil

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 05:28:55 PM »

Thank you for reading my account and for your comments. As some of you may have realized, I did not consider this near death experience as I might have. This may be because there were no witnesses to the accident except a very unconscious me, and because I walked away unscathed (except for a scrape to my head). I did survive my father's near death experience last spring and treated that event with greater respect. Here is the link:
http://www.authspot.com/Journals/Health-Proxy.154157
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »