Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2017, 03:17:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Britney's Blog
| |-+  Poems and Stuff (Moderator: angelbearbp)
| | |-+  He is Well Pleased With You short sermon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: He is Well Pleased With You short sermon  (Read 1284 times)
angelbearbp

« on: June 07, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »

Here is a short "sermon" in honor of (Fathers Day) coming up! Leroy said to me once, “You are his perfect child in whom he is well pleased."

“He is Well Pleased with You”
                                                                                                    By Britney Pieta

In the Bible it says, “The heavens opened up and the Holy Spirit descended on Jesus like a dove. God said, “You are my beloved son, with you I am well pleased.”
A human father may say to his child, “I am proud of you,” after you show him your first straight A+ report card. But that father may take his words back if you fail to show the same perfection the next time it comes around. He might love you one day and another day act as if he never said it at all. He might not have even meant it the first time—but only said it because all was right in his world—because he was in a good mood.
     You may ask yourself, “Is there anyone up there who loves me for me? Someone who’s love never changes? Something so unconditional, that I wouldn’t have to change anything about myself?”
     You may have been told you were something “ugly,” “dumb,” “worthless” all your life but there is someone who loves you. If you will only let Him show you, it will open to you a whole new world.
     Just imagine with me…it is spring…the rain has just stopped…the birds start chirping..and the clouds are slowly parting away to show the bright beautiful  warm sun…the rays of the sun shine out from the sun all around you…and a voice starts talking to you…a voice that only you and Him can hear.
     He says to you, “Dear child, I have always been pleased with you. You are perfect not because of what you have done or will do in the future, but because I made you. Your self-worth comes from me and me alone.”
     So, even when you intentionally try to hurt someone…Even when you know you are doing something wrong and continue doing it…Even when you make the same mistakes over and over again and feel ashamed and think that there is something wrong with your memory because you keep forgetting… You can know that God is there to fight it with you and help you overcome it.
     It really doesn’t get any better than that. Knowing God loves you all the time, will help you feel that love, because no human on earth can give 100% of love all the time. So just internalize these words and allow God to be the Father you never had. And remember don’t be a people pleaser—be a God pleaser.
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:42:40 AM »

I really liked this one. You do good work Angelbear I love you
Leroy
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »