Thoughtful Living
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 10:50:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
To register, email Sam. The admin has a book on NDEs, more infor  http://kenkatin.com
3142 Posts in 1432 Topics by 619 Members
Latest Member: britney
Home Help Login Register
+  Thoughtful Living
|-+  Thoughtful Living Board
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The end of my fortress
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The end of my fortress  (Read 1176 times)
Joost

« on: August 13, 2013, 05:15:08 AM »

One of the scariest things I've ever done in my life is tearing down the walls I'd been building around me over the years. And now, as from time to time I dare to take a careful look over the edges of my fortress, I'm completely astonished by what I see. I see a world full of beautiful benevolent and loving people, kind and positive towards me and each other. And I often see and feel what I call a sea of love. It seems to be radiating to every corner of te world and it's warming my body and soul like the sunshine. Don't look too far, It's here and now, in this world.

And I wish this love for you all,
Love, Joost
Sam
Administrator

Thoughtful Living
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 06:14:45 AM »

Congratulations on knocking down walls. There is love everywhere
to be found and seen in this world.

Love
Sam
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -- George Carlin
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:25:08 PM »

...body and soul like the sunshine...

You did seek this sunshine, and now you've found it. The world is a better place for your having done so.

Namasté, Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Joost

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 11:44:13 PM »

Some years ago I attended a meditation course. One day we were asked to sit in a circle, hold hands and pass on love to the person on the left hand side. My neigbours observed that my left hand was warm, while my right hand stayed cold. Then the teacher said: well, some people can give love, but are less able to receive it. His words have kept me busy over the years. I guess he was right.  I think that is what's gradually changing now, and makes me see things the way I do now.

Love Joost
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 05:15:51 AM »

Some years ago I attended a meditation course...

I wrote an article detailing the meditation practice that I have been involved with for about 30 years. The method is detailed on my website here: http://www.lionize.me/Learn%20Meditation.html.

Let me know if you read it and like what you read.

Namasté, Charles
"We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter." -- Mark Twain
Joost

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 01:42:45 AM »

Hi Charles,
I read your article, I think it's  really quite good. You offer a very clear and easy accessible way to meditation. Actually I have my own way of meditating which is practising music. I have been playing since I was 11 and over the years I've found out that it has the same benefits that you describe in your article on meditation. I think playing music is in fact similar to meditating. The feeling of deep peace, the ability to observe your thoughts from a little distance are very familiar to me, and  I especially  often feel afterwards like I have had a really deep sleep. When I was a teenager I developped quite a good discipline of practising and I still feel it's one of the best things I've ever did for my self, it's al real fundament under my daily life. It has brought me the ability to calmly focus and a very rich spiritual life and awareness of me and the things around me.
Unfortunately I lost all of this  during a very serious crisis in my personal life. I suppose you could say I experienced what in mysticism is called a  ' dark night of the soul'.  It took me a very long time to recover. I've been searching for it for years, and has been very hard but luckily everything is coming back now.
Actually I've been considering to do a post on this board on all the good things and spiritual qualities of music (there are among the thousands of qualities of it absolutely no negative sides to music !), but if I'd write down everyting Ï'd like to say, it would become a very long story. So maybe I must think about it for a while.

Thanks for your response and beautiful article,

Love, Joost
NowIsForever

LaserLite

Lionize Me
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 06:13:23 PM »

...I have my own way of meditating which is practising music....

If music be the food of love
then laughter is its queen
and likewise if behind is in front
then dirt in truth is clean
My mouth by then like cardboard
seemed to slip straight through my head
So we crash-dived straightway quickly
and attacked the ocean bed

From A Whiter Shade of Pale: http://procolharum.com/w/w9901.htm

Namasté, Charles
Joost

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 01:00:56 AM »

Music for a while shall all your cares beguile:
Wond'ring how your pains were eas'd,
And disdaining to be pleas'd,
Till Alecto free the dead from their eternal bands,
Till the snakes drop from her head,
And the whip from out her hands.
Music for a while shall all your cares beguile.

(by Henry Purcell,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4nSurzfGuQ )

Love joost
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »