A Near Death Experience, No. 298.

The Second Time.

Long before either of my experiences, about 1997, my father died. I was in the room with him at the time. There was a nurse, my mother and my two sisters.

The nurse said that the time was near, my younger sister sat at his side holding his hand telling him that everything would be okay and that he could leave us and we would all be fine.

I sat in a chair staring at a clock, watching it tick, listening to the calming sound of my sister.s voice.

The clock stopped and everyone else in the room froze. An energy, vacuum like in nature, swept into the room and I felt like it was trying to suck me out of my body. A vortex opened at the far end of the room and I could sense paradise lay on the other side.

After a moment, the vortex closed and the clock began to tick.

"He has passed." Said the nurse.

From that day forward, I learned two things. The first was that there is indeed an afterlife and secondly, it applies to us all as my father was a stout atheist who believed that the likelihood of a God was as probable as there being a Coca-cola plant on the dark side of the moon.

My second near death experience happened in July of 2006. Alone in my restaurant in the mid morning, I was preparing some ground beef in a Hobart floor mixer. Since the ground had not been working well, I circumvented the problem by plugging and unplugging the mixer rather than risking electrocution by touching the metal switch.

In order to plug the unit in, I had to reach between a stainless steel cabinet and a pony wall. With wet hands, I leaned in between the wall and the cabinet and proceeded to plug in the 208 volt mixer. My cheek pressed against the cabinet as I plugged the cord into the wall.

Now I am walking down a hallway feeling like I am where I am supposed to be. Many times we do things without too much thought and this was one of those times. The hallway was familiar and it opened up into a room. As I rounded the corner, there stood my best friend and his family. So suprised was I. Having moved away four years earlier, I hadn't met their 3 year old son.

Suddenly, I was back on the floor in the restaurant, shaking violently and making a noise like Curly from the 3 stooges. At first I began to laugh as it was very funny, but then I couldn't figure out how I got there. It left me very puzzled for minute, but then I got up and checked myself out.

I had a sore right cheek but that seemed to be the end of it. I decided to call my wife and tell her what had happened. During our conversation, she asked if our manager had showed up yet. I told my wife it would be another 20 minutes before the manager was due to arrive. She corrected me on the time. I had been out for nearly 25 minutes which became obvious as the manager walked in during the phone call.

How could I have been electrocuted for around 20 minutes by 208 volts with only a sore cheek in the end and where did I go?

The following weekend, my best friend and his family came to see us for the first time in 4 years. I recognized his 3 year old immediately even though I had never even seen a picture.

Since that day, I have had many inexplicable things happen. I began to meditate and the room which I used, would vibrate for hours afterward. Nowhere else in the house or outside would the vibration exist, just inside the room. As I meditated, sometimes I could make the tiles fall from the ceiling.

Well that's all for now. Lot's more to say, but maybe later.



Start Page          Contents Page          Forums, Guest Book          Contact Us